Google
 

Friday, February 29, 2008

Improve your self

Everyone has a passion in life. Let's start there. What makes you look forward to another day? If you had the choice of what you would like to do most, what would that be? Once you have identified what the catalyst is that is the main driver in your life you can use this as a determinant to decide what you choose to do.

The person, who lives from one unhappy day to the next and performs daily tasks on rote merely to exist, can never achieve spiritual satisfaction. Doctors, teachers and religious workers who are totally dedicated to their calling are the most motivated of all. They have complete faith in the correctness and the goodness of their work. They are passionate about what they do. They are driven more by a set of principles. The greatest motivator is to do all day, every day what you love to do.

When you have achieved your desire to use your energy, your skills and your drive to do what you enjoy most, the likelihood of failure disappears from your considerations. You are so positive about life and your energy is so focused on what you enjoy that success is guaranteed. The virtuous cycle begins and one success leads on to the next. Even setbacks become of no consequence. In this positive state of mind they become motivators to overcome and so pave the way for the next positive developments. Once this state of mind is reached failures are only considered as corrugations on the road to success.

I loved my life in agriculture. I could work in the open and my children could grow up in the countryside. Life was tough and we rarely had much money but that did not seem to matter. A poultry enterprise that I had started had to be closed down when a major producer monopolized the markets. In spite of the losses we carried on and optimistically started a dairy enterprise which was a huge success. I have always had a passion for trading and investing in the stock market. I became a student of the markets and studied technical analysis because I loved the challenge. I find that I look forward to every day in the markets. Quite often my selections remain static, others lose and some rise spectacularly. It's all part of the exciting game of life. My goal is to make money in the markets but if I make a mistake I sell out quickly and try and find a winner. Losing money in the markets must be seen as part of the game of making money. Motivational satisfaction overcomes fears. I focus on winning, not the money.


In management I am often complimented on what my staff has achieved. My reply to this is that I have never motivated them to achieve anything. What I have done though is to have faith in their abilities to do the job. I have made sure that they receive recognition for their work and praise for a job well done. My faith in their abilities has provided the motivation for them to believe and motivate themselves.

Motivation is not an attribute that can be taught or enforced. Motivation is almost a spiritual belief in yourself and your ability to prevail despite any circumstances. It is the complete mobilization of all the senses, the skills, the mind and the spirit in a joyous union to accept every reverse on the road to the ultimate achievement.

Those who have climbed the highest mountains and lived through life threatening challenges know what motivation means. At the end of the road you still have faith.

No comments: